Jeremy & Jacquelyn have lived in China since 2004. They have lived in the cities of Dongguan, Beijing, Qingdao and currently Tianjin.
They started havingababyinchina.com after the birth of their 2nd child in 2009, as they continued to see a need for information concerning having a baby in China. They continued to expand on their knowledge and experience with the birth of each of their 5 children. Their desire is to see a community of English-speaking people in China develop into a great resource for each other.
- In March of 2006 their first daughter was born at the famous Peking Union Medical College Hospital.
- In 2009 they gave birth to their second child at American-Sino Ob/Gyn Hospital.
- Their 3rd child was born in 2011 and Jeremy & Jacquelyn had the great experience of delivering the baby at Qingdao Women and Infant’s Hospital.
- For their 4th child they experienced a wonderful home-birth while they were back in the States in 2014.
- Number 5 was born at Tianjin United Family Hospital in 2018.
Each birthing experience has been completely different. And each experience has brought a wealth of knowledge that Jeremy & Jacquelyn hope to share with everyone through havingababyinchina.com.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or on WeChat.
Nathan and Ruth have lived primarily in Qingdao, China since 2008. Their first friends were Jacquelyn and Jeremy, who were an immense support in the birth of their first baby at a local hospital in 2010.
After the birth of their second baby in 2012, Ruth began to support those around her in a similar fashion. In 2014 she began training as a birth doula through DONA International in order to be better equipped to help people in a variety of situations.
Nathan is a videographer, technical genius, and ardent supporter of Ruth’s passion to support families in pregnancy, birth, and parenthood. Together they now have four children.
- In 2010, their first was born at Qingdao Women and Infant’s Hospital (now closed). They used Bellaire Clinic to help with arranging appointments and translation.
- Their second child was born at Qingdao Women and Infant’s hospital in 2012.
- In 2015 their third was born at Qingdao United Family Hospital.
- In 2018 they experienced a spontaneous miscarriage followed by a D&C, also at Qingdao United Family Hospital.
- Their fourth baby, a high risk pregnancy, was a 39 week induced birth in Portland, Oregon in 2019 after traveling back to their home country during the third trimester.
Over the past several years Nathan and Ruth have been working with Jeremy and Jacquelyn to provide people across China with evidence based, quality information and support.